SOASTA mPulse combines the power behind SOASTA's real-time analytics with real user measurement (RUM) beacons for web sites and native apps in iOS. With just a few simple project modifications, you can add mPulse capabilities to your native app projects and web sites to collect mPulse beacons that reveal how real users interact within your apps and sites.
For administration, mPulse™ provides the App Administrator role. A user with this role can create or edit an app. For more information, see Users & Groups.
1. To get started, login as the user with App Administration rights.
2. Go to Central > Apps.
4. Click the New icon on the Central toolbar (top left). Existing apps can be edited by double-clicking them in the Apps list.
5. The Configure Your App box appears with Web App checked by default.
6. Enter your domain name, and click Next.
7. Go the advanced configuration of your app, then select the General tab.
8. Enter a name.
10. Optionally, enter a development server list or a domain or a site separated by comma. The information entered in this field is not counted into your mPulse data, and it does not appear on your Dashboards. This list is to avoid malfunctioning of the staging or test environments skewing data in your mPulse dashboards.
11. Optionally, check the Auto Instrument XHR checkbox. For more information, see Enabling XHR.
12. Select the SPA Framework. For more information, see Single Page Apps.
13. Optionally, check the Enable bandwidth testing, and then provide the images location on your server. For more information, see Configuring mPulse to measure user bandwidth.
14. Optionally, click the Enable REST API checkbox. Once you click this button, you will see the REST API Secret Key field and the Generate Secret Key button, which you can use in the mpulse.js library.
Once an mPulse App is created using the Configure Apps box (found in Central > Apps) it can be used in the <HEAD> tag for each page whose beacons you'd like to collect.
The mPulse beacon can be triggered manually to collect data for applications that rely on the firing of AJAX requests to refresh page content within a single page container.
The process below requires the following items:
© 2015 SOASTA. All Rights Reserved. Privacy & Legal