SEARCH
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Result writing failures and partial loaded composition query

Hi All,

I have this question from the screenshot  which i am attaching here .

1.  When result  writing failures  happen on  any server  of any location , does it affect the final results which we look into at the end of the test  or during the test .......or  is depend on the amount of failures like if its  3-4  ..its ok.....but if its  like in hundreds or thousands   its concerning and results will be affected ?????  ....please  clear this .

2. When the  composition is partially loaded  ( for example 218  out of 226 servers ) ......What is the impact  ? ,  how it impacts  ? Is it concerning  ? 

Thanks,

Shabd

SOASTA Employee

Re: Result writing failures and partial loaded composition query

Hi Shabd

The results might not be available for the duration you see these errors if the activity does not resume at all. The results will be saved if the composition shows a message saying "Result writing resumed after X failures".

You will not be able to ramp-up to the expected peak load if the composition loads partially. This could be due to some of the maestros not responding or the composition needs more maestros than brought up as part of the grid.

Thanks

Gaurav

Occasional Contributor

Hi Gaurav ,

Thanks For replying .

I understood the first part.

Second part i have confusion .

You said : You will not be able to ramp-up to the expected peak load if the composition loads partially.

But in our test we targeted for  11k users  and  11k  users  ramped  up also , but in  status log i saw that its partially loaded message ( as shown in screenshot ) . So how should i explain this  thing .

SOASTA Employee

Hi

Can you please confirm if all the users get ramped up wihtout any intervention or you have to use Dynamic Ramp dashboard.

Also, can you please share the compositon and the result where you were able to ramp up to 11k VU.

Thanks

Gaurav

Occasional Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks  for replying .

Yeah we  used dynamic ramp  dashboard  i.e  we manually  put in  vusers in the clip and then applied the load .

After  applying the load  we saw in status  log   that for 2 clips  some copies were not loaded .  That confuses me .

Thanks,

Shabd